The other night, I was sound comatose in my bed when I heard that audio that makes y'all jump to your feet: "Mom?  Moooommmmmm…."

Sometimes they need you child on pillow - KAB
Sometimes they just need you!

I went into our daughter'south room to find her hiding under her blankets, scared from whatsoever nightmare she had just had.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

I Need You.

"I need you,"  she responded.

I demand y'all. So uncomplicated.  So innocent.  So endearing.   She needed me.

Sometimes, moms, our kids just need us.

Sometimes they just need you - Kids Activities Blog

Sometimes they want to keep getting out of their bed to notice you because they know that you volition keep them rubber.

Sometimes, they want to run to y'all when they should be staying in their rooms because they know that your hug will cure whatever hurts.

Sometimes they want to fall comatose with your arms effectually them because they know that they are loved.

When I remember of the many times that our kids take asked me to lie in their beds (which I always practice for this reason), those are the times that I remember the virtually… the ones that stand out in my memories.

When I hear that tip-toeing down the hall and so the words come up:  "Mom?  I need you.  Can you tuck me dorsum in?"

Sometimes – they just need yous.

Even better… when I think nearly my own childhood, I can remember the times when my mom said "OK" when I told her that I needed her, as well.

I tin can remember her lying in my bed, in her white pajamas with footling pinkish flowers on them, audio comatose because of her, "Simply one minute," worked in my favor and her exhaustion took over.  I loved those days.

I loved knowing that she was asleep beside me and I could fall asleep with my eyes shut (every bit opposed to open, because I was always afraid of the dark).

I remember those times very fondly… similar it was yesterday, and I retrieve how happy it made me.

Now I want to give our kids the aforementioned attention… because sometimes, that's really all they need: Yous.

So, when your kids demand you lot, don't worry about the rules, just this once… instead, let them need y'all and be there for them.

The truth of the thing is… we need them right back.

More FOR Families from Kids Activities Blog

  • Staycation Ideas for Families
  • What Is the I Thing You lot Exercise for You?
  • Why Moms Feel Similar They Can't Stay Organized
  • What Is The Biggest Secret You Have To Juggling Everything That Comes with Motherhood?

Have you had a "need me" moment?